The POS plans offer employees the predictability of an HMO with the flexibility of a PPO. Members choose from Kaiser Permanente providers and facilities, Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS) Network care, or any other licensed provider.
- Flexible copayment options — members can select from a range of premium, coinsurance, copayment, and deductible levels that fit their needs.
- Preventive care — three ways to access care, including Kaiser Permanente's unique coordinated system of physicians, pharmacies, and labs.
- Choice of providers — members can choose from any licensed provider, hospital, or laboratory that's convenient.
- Pharmacy coverage — low copayments for prescriptions filled through Kaiser Permanente pharmacies or MedImpact, a pharmacy benefits management company with over 60,000 pharmacies nationwide.
- Disease management — health screenings and online educational resources help members manage chronic conditions and encourage a healthy, active lifestyle.
- Online tools and services — all members can access industry-leading online tools like My health manager to e-mail their Kaiser Permanente doctor, view test results, or make routine appointments.
- Worldwide coverage — members get urgent and emergency care anywhere in the world.
- Additional benefits — supplemental benefit options round out the benefits package for total health and wellness.